Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing ObjectPAL Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

dblarch

Technical User
Mar 8, 2004
US
Is there a way to dump all the code for a project? I would like to document it in case of a disaster. At present I'm clicking on each object and selecting each method and/or event and copying the code to a word processor. It's very tedious.

Thanks,

DblArch

Select View -> Document Source for a list of all the source code for a form, you must be editing a method, event etc for this menu to appear. There is also a documentation expert, Tools -> Experts Documentation.

Hope this helps.
Perrin

Thanks Perrin,

Following your tip I discovered that I could archive the source code to another application using the "Publish As" selection in the "File" menu. This safeguards the code against a complete meltdown of Paradox which protection was my aim.

Thanks again,

DblArch

Saving your source code is good to do but in case of a meltdown I'd hate to think you would have to re-code everything, and having the code on paper doesn't help with form design and table structure and linking. There is nothing more important than a good backup strategy. In my business I have Raid 5 hard disks in my server to protect against disk failure, full nightly tape backups to protect against file corruption or accidental file deletion and quarterly full archival on cd's just because they are so cheap and I can go back indefinitely. The last but most important tip is to never store your backup media next to the computer, store it off-site to protect against building meltdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back