Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing #Name? error

Status
Not open for further replies.

LongTown

Technical User
Mar 27, 2009
US
I have a report text box that is controlled by an unbound form text box (i.e. I write dates in it). Up until about a month ago this process worked quite well. Now, the report text box on print preview displays this information correctly but on printing the report the place where preview displayed it shows the error #Name?. The formula I used for the report text box: =Forms![Dep Entry]!Text41

Is the [Dep Entry] form still open when the report is printed ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

No, I use a macro to close it when the report opens

The printing worked very well for several months prior to this problem. I did change the macro so the form didn't close. The printing result gave the same error.

When the report is open and displaying the same error, open the debug window (press Ctrl+G) and enter:
Code:
? Forms![Dep Entry]!Text41
What do you get returned? If it is the proper value then your report has an issue. If the proper value isn't returned or you get some kind of error then you have an issue with the expression such as the name of the control or similar.

BTW: Text41 is not a good name. You really should take the time to change it to something meaningful.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

I changed the view when opening the report to print instead of print preview and I get the results that I expected. It's not exactly like I wanted it but it works. Thanks for all the suggestions. I also changed the text41 name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back