Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing multiple sheets in excel 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

palgya

Technical User
Sep 3, 2002
US
Hello, I have a workbook with about 50 sheets that order items for a food service dept. Each of the sheets have the same headers but each sheet may have a different number of entries. One sheet, say for beef, may have 5 items to order, while another sheet for say vegetables has 20. These entries always change. I have to print these sheets and send them out. What I want to do is instead of wasting paper and printing the sheets out individually, I want to print them one after another. Can this be done?
Thanks in advance.
Paul

Make sure the correct print area is defined on each worksheet, then go to File --> Print --> and in the print box, under Print What, select "Entire Workbook".

I wish it were that easy. I want to print each order on as few pages as possible. If every order combined fits on one sheet of paper then that's what I want.
Paul

Sorry, I misunderstood your question. There's no way that I know of where Excel will just automatically combine pages when printing. You can do a couple of things, both of which are time-consuming and require creating a new worksheet. But when it's done, it's done...it will save you time and paper in the long run. This is probably the fastest: You can write a macro that will copy all of your data into the new worksheet. The other option is can enter referencing cells on the new worksheet that will automatically copy the data over for you. To do this go into the new worksheet, with your cursor in the desired starting cell, type the equals sign = then change to the worksheet where you want to get data from and click on the cell that you want to copy over and press Enter. Your formula in the new worksheet will look something like =Sheet1!A1. This tells you that Excel will copy the contents from Sheet1, Cell A1, into this cell.

Hope this helps!

Check this FAQ from Dale - should enable you to do what you want:
faq68-1161 Rgds
~Geoff~

Thanks xlbo, this is exactly what they need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back