Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing List of Numbers Dialed From a Specific DN

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirtuaBoy

IS-IT--Management
Sep 29, 2011
US
Hello all,
This morning I had an incident where a user dialed an external number, but somehow reached an entirely different number. Luckily it was my own personal cell phone number.
The odd thing is that she does NOT have my personal number on record and she was dialing out to a different area code all together.
Is there a load that can poll numbers dialed from her specific DN? I would like to try to troubleshoot to find out what went wrong as I am a little concerned about it happening again.
Thanks in advance

No I don't. Before now we haven't seen a need for it. Wasn't sure if there was a load that would help me take a look at activity from a specific DN.
Thanks.

What are the chances that a user claims they were calling some other number, and instead they reach your cell phone. Why was your number the target?

You probably have a DN that points to your cell phone. We all do. Does your secret DN start with a "1" ? She forgot to dial 9.

--
Nortel Resources at GHTROUT.com World Famous!
--

I was asking the same questions...

The target number was in a different area code with no
similarities to my number.

My own DN points to a number supplied by the company, but only when I forward it from the phone itself. This number is separate from my personal cell phone number which this user does not have.

This is the only time (to my knowledge) something like this has happened, but it was definitely a bizarre occurance. It hasn't happened since.

I'm not completely ruling out user error... It's not even a pressing issue, but in the back of my mind I can't help but wonder how it happened.

Is it possible this is telco's problem. A few years back I got three calls from someone trying to reach a completely different person in a different city. They swore they were dialing a different ten digit phone number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back