Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing linked documents in Word 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

tombrown13

IS-IT--Management
Aug 30, 2001
US
We have several word documents that are well over 50 meg due to pictures, excel charts, maps, and visio drawings. What we would like to do is replace the imbedded objects with hyperlinks. My question is, is there a way to print the document and have the linked documents print out in the order they appear in the document?

Hi Tom,

Did you use Insert Object to embed the objects mentioned above?

If so take another look at this method, you are also able to insert the object as link. (checkbox)

Then you're filesize is reduced to the minimem and also printing and adding new information to the file is made optimum.

Another way for you're objects that need not be updatet a lot, is to make a picture of that object. This picture you can also link to the document.

Enjoy,
Joost Verdaasdonk

I got that part, but I am still looking for a way that the end user can just print the entire document with the objects printing as well. We don't want them to have to print all of the objects and then try to go back and put them in the right place within the document. The documents can be over 200 pages with 80-100 objects. Any ideas on that part?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back