Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing Layout 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

smeyer56

IS-IT--Management
Oct 16, 2002
US
How can I print the layout of the report including which fields are used and variables, formulas etc.

Export the report and select "Report Definition" as the format.

Cheers,
- Ido

CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

smeyer56,
After reading your post its still a little unclear to me what your trying to do. It almost sounds like you want a printout of what the report looks like in Design view from within Crystal Reports? You could somewhat accomplish this by taking a print screen of the Report in CR when it in design view, but I think this probably still won't give you what your looking for. If you haven't already, you might try exporting the Report Definition which will give you some documentation regarding the report, including what fields/formulas are in the different sections of the report.

You might try to give a little more detail on what the requirement is if I'm off track, but hope this info is helpful.

Brent

Report definition is what I needed. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back