Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing labels from Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

KerryL

Technical User
May 7, 2001
US
Is there a way for me to make label addresses begin printing on a label other than the first one (first row, first column).

Sometimes an entire page of labels is not used when the labels are printed at the end of the day. To avoid wasting labels, I'd like to figure out a way to begin the next batch of printed labels where the last one left off, which might be on a label in the middle of the page.

Anyone have any ideas?

A possible way would be to insert an appropriate number of blank records at the top of the underlying query. You might have to put an extra dummy field at the start of the query, which you wouldn't use when printing the labels.

Sorry the whole link did not highlight as a link. Highlight and copy the entire link to paste it to your address line to get to this site and question.

Bob Scriver

Tek-Tips has a bad problem with semi-colons in URLs and this happens a lot a lot a lot because the Knowledge Base URLs all seem to have them.

I don't see a feedback link. I wish this could be rectified. Can someone report this?

Thank you Bob Scriver!
The code you referred me to works like a charm and the users are thrilled (and impressed) that I was able to allow them to print labels on partially used sheets.

Thanks again for the great tip.

KerryL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back