Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing label with no pause

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aleathiel

Technical User
May 13, 2005
CA
Hi,

I made a report to print label with bar code on it, the thing is that I'm using a zebra printer and it is making a pause of 1 second between each of them, is there a way to print it without pause. I'm sure there is a way, because from agama program its not pausing. Thanks you in advance.

Nathaniel Bell
Technical User

Possibly a RAM issue. It may be caching the label. Try hooking it up to another machine or steal some ram and upgrade the PC to see if that helps

I'm not sure about that since it is working fine with agama (that is using linux) but is slow with windows, could it be because of windows only? that windows sucks :p

I'm using arial narrow, arial black and a bar code Font.

Does the linux program use some other font?

Some printers have special device fonts that make them print faster.

Mark P.
Providing Low Cost Powerful Point of Sale Solutions.

I just saw that when I print from access, before printing one label, its says printing 1 of 1, when agama say printing 1 of 1 for the complete list, it look like it is divided instead of one long document, any hint on why it does that or how to correct it?

Yes,

It sounds like you are printing a report that has a filter or criteria restraint for one record.

If instead you print a range of records, with the reported formated correctly, you can print all of the documents at once.

Look at the print command, i bet it's something like
docmd.openreport "ReportName", acviewnormal, "ClientID=" & me!clientID

You have to figure out a different criteria. Some sort of filter for the current recordset you are working with.

Mark P.

This is the code for my print button, its print label from a query that give me the one I need, and the the query is based on an odbc pull.

Private Sub Command2_Click()
On Error GoTo Err_Command2_Click

Dim stDocName As String

stDocName = "Report1"
DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acNormal

Exit_Command2_Click:
Exit Sub

Err_Command2_Click:
MsgBox Err.Description
Resume Exit_Command2_Click

End Sub

Thanks for your help!

That's strange. Is there any code within the report. Seems like a wizard driven report, so i would guess there isn't.

I would only think then it's from the odbc source. But someone else will have to step in on that, because I don't get it.

Maybe you'll need to do a search on odbc and reports.

Mark P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back