Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing issues in CE 10 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

VensCH

Programmer
Mar 30, 2005
US
Hi All,
CR 10,CE 10.

We are having ClientName,vendorName which are 40 in length in Database, in report i am showing only 20 with reducing the size of the object(i cannot truncate to 20 using formula because when they export into excel or some other format user will be able to see full name)( I am not selecting Can grow option, it is unchecked)

When viewing locally with CR fine and printing also fine with CR, when we are viewing in CE with Active X fine, when we print from CE then names are printing in full and overlapping with other columns,
DHTML viewing itself overlapping,

If any one know of this please let me know, Thanks in Advance,

Thanks,
VensCh

Hi,
one of my clients experienced this on different machines. Is the report viewing fine on your own machine via CE ? If yes then it may be worth looking at Control Panel/Display and then checking that the Font Size is set to small rather than large (which seems to increas the font size by to about 125% which generates and overlap).

Another thing to check is what the report looks like when it is run via CR on the CE server.

ShortyA

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the reply and

Another thing to check is what the report looks like when it is run via CR on the CE server.

1 ) Is the report viewing fine on your own machine via CE ?

I have remote server where I can log on to remote server and see the instance in CE10 is fine no Problem,
When I logon from my machine and view , overlapping happens and strange thing is, as you said
Some of my other colleagues machine are okay, no problem in Over lapping and some of them are having same problem as mine, we all are having mostly the same version of IE(Internet explorer)

2) Another thing to check is what the report looks like when it is run via CR on the CE server.

No Problem in CR , in local /server ,No over lapping

3) If yes then it may be worth looking at Control Panel/Display and then checking that the Font Size is set to small rather than large,

Normal – I did not see any small,

One more thing is some times ,when I view the same report instance looks good – no overlapping and prints well everything is fine,I close the browser and logon once again and see the same report instance and overlapping will come into picture.

Do I need to change the FONT in report at present I am using Arial size 8 and I tried to change some all the fonts no help.

Thanks a lot once again,

Venu

Strange that the same report instance sometimes looks OK on your machine and other times not. Is there much time between you viewing that instance, logging off/on and viewing it again ? My only reason for asking is that the Page/Cache server may be part of the problem but I have not come across this before.

In terms of the font size, have one of your administrators signon to your PC and check it. It may be worth checking the report viewing problem at the same time to see if it is machine-logon related.

If none of these shed any light there may be merit in adjusting the design of your reports to have more space between the fields. This is a bit of a messy solution but it is there as a last resort!
ShortyA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back