Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing incomplete for large Crystal v7 reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

JENABE

Technical User
Oct 22, 2002
US
Experiencing random problems when printing large reports. For example, on a report containing 47 pages, perhaps the first 17 pages will print for one user, the first 19 will print for another user and all 47 will print for a third user. The pattern is random, but usually occurs with reports over 25 pages. Sometimes, a user who experienced problems can run and print the report again at a different time and the complete report prints. The entire report is visible on the screen, but the completeness of the printed report varies. No errors are visible. Not sure if this is a problem with a setting in Crystal, the server or printer. Please advise on how I might resolve this issue.

Might be problem with the printer. Do you save printer in the report? Try to use very generic printer (HP 5, etc.) and use it when you print it.

I wonder if this has something to do with insufficient drive space, printer drivers or print spooling/users killing jobs?

I haven't experienced this, yet I've had very large reports print every day.

-k kai@informeddatadecisions.com

I've seen it personally only with printing to PDF using distiller.

The info viewer needs to be kept open until the report has printed.

Closing it down stops it at the page its got up to.

Bob.

You may want to search Crystal's website for any patches for the version of Crystal you are running. I spent several days researching a printer problem with scheduled reports and found that there was a patch that we needed to load. The patch was released in June!! =) Guess we were a little behind. But, the point is, I spent many hours racking my brain and it was the software all along.

Good Luck

I answered a question in this forum for somebody with the handle of "horna" with the subject "Changing Report Output to a New Drive" which mighe answer your question. I suspect that you may be close to blowing your available disk space and/or TEMP space. Look into the exchange in the referenced article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back