Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing in Visio crashes system

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickSchultz

Vendor
Feb 14, 2008
CA
Here's an odd one. When I print a Visio document, or any document that has one of my Visio documents embedded (either as a Visio object or as a picture) my computer crashes (Blue screen of death).

The history of my system is:
1) Installed and worked with Visio for Enterprise Architects 2003 for several months.
2) Installed Visio 2007 separately
3) Developed one Visio file in 2007 with 6 tabs

That's when the problem started. That Visio 2007 file, or any derivative of it, crashed my system on print. Other Visio files were ok for a while, but now more of them are causing the collapse, including some older files that were saved as pictures in Word documents over 6 months ago (the page with that Visio pictures causes a crash when printing).

Any thoughts would be very appreciated.

I too have experienced this blue screen of death while printing in visio. But only when i tried to cancel the printing. If i dont try to cancel, i have no issues.

I had the problem and did find a fix, There are 2 options, install XP-SP3 or the following patch for SP2, The path can be found under Microsoft Knowledge base article KB935843

Visio really puts the printer drivers to the test. Make sure you have the latest printer drivers.

John... Visio MVP - Visio.MVPs.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back