Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing in Landscape and Portrait

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott1971

Technical User
Apr 20, 2005
EU
Guys,

I've seen an old post here regarding printing one subreport in Portrait and another in Landscape. I'm hoping something has changed since that post in 2007 though I'm not holding my breath. If anyone has any idea if this can be done in Crystal Reports or in Enterprise can you please let me know.

Thanks

Scott

The way I understand it,, the "sub", is just inserted into the report. So if you have the main report as landscape,, why would the formatting of the sub make a difference? Is the subreport "drill down capable"? What are you trying to do??

Hi, I have a covering letter report and another detail report and I have inserted both into a blank template as subreports. The letter I want as portrait but the report has to be on landscape but I can't see anyway of doing this. The template has to be set us portrait or landscape and there doesn't appear to be any way of changing the setting for the subreports themselves.

True. It's a limitation of Crystal. You'd need to do two separate reports, you can create one using Save As to avoid re-coding everything.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Thanks as always Madawc. I feared this may be the case but I'd hoped that perhaps there had been a fix put in place.....forever hopeful!

Thanks again

I believe CR2008 allows two different orientations, but earlier versions do not.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back