Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing in Corel Draw 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malinda

Technical User
Aug 18, 2001
US
Hi, each time I try to print from Corel Draw, I get a message stating that CorelDraw has encountered a problem and needs to close. This happens when I need to change the properties , color, quality etc. If I print from the set set of properties, it will print. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Malinda,

A little more info may help us narrow this down. What OS? What printer? Do youhave the latest printer driver installed? When did this start to happen, and did you make any changes to your system recently just prior to this happening?

How much RAM, how much free HD space? How many fonts installed? These items will help us isolate any possible cause. When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

Win XP, Lexmark Z52,yes, I downloaded what I could find. It is hard to remember what happened right before (having senior moment) 1.40 GHz/512MB P4, 46.5 free. Way too many fonts, I am a fontaholic! I have the Bitstream Font Mgr. and "The Font Thing" installed, but how do I remove fonts, without losing them?

Malinda, If you have Bitstream, no ned for the Font Thing, both accomplish the same job.

Open Bitstream Font Navigator, and you will see an explorer type of window. Upper right window is installed fonts. Upper left window is a list of ALL fonts, with a checkmark on the installed fonts.

Uninstall all except for the necessary windows fonts and any fonts you use on a regular basis. 100 or so fonts max. This will simply uninstall fonts, but you can reinstall them with a click whenever you need. You can create Groups of fonts that you use for certain project to install and uninstall with a click.

Whether this is the cause of your problem or not, it is good practice.

Also, this cleanup will help you toubleshoot. If youn uninstall the fonts used in the doc you are having troubles with, Corel will make a substitute when you open the doc. See if the problems persist. If they do, you have eleiminated the fonts as the cause. If the problem goes away, you have a coruupt font clogging up the works.

hope this helps When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

You've done it again. thank you so much, this is exactly what I needed to know. I think this will correct a number of my problems.

Hi All, I was a little premature in saying this cured the problem. It did on my ME machine but not the XP machine. Occasionally it will print if I dont change print options but if I change page size, print preference etc. I get an error message telling me to send it to Microsoft. However the XP machine is not online (it is dedicated for book work only) I have never sent a message report to MS.
Thanks in advance, Malinda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back