Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing in a specific area of an A4 page only

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazzas

Programmer
Dec 18, 2006
GB
I have an application which lets me add information about packets of photographs. I would like to be able to print a label for a packet of photos. The labels are 3.8cm high by 9.91cm wide and on an A4 page you get 2 labels on each row and 7 rows.

I would only want to print one label at a time, therefore i don't want to use Word's mail merge or anything like that to print a sheet of labels. I would like to put my sheet of labels and print on a label that i have selected. (this means that i dont have to print a whole sheet of labels in one go, i can print a single label when i need it).

So for example, i would like to print the label for photo packet 44 (the user selects the packet from a combo) and then specify which label to print on (say 4th row, right hand side label, again the user chooses this from a combo) and then print that label. This is so that i can use the same sheet of labels, but print one at a time. (so 1st time i would print on row 1 left label, 2nd time, row 1 right label, these printing could be done months apart).

How do i create a report where i specify that i want to print a set of values in a specific location on the A4 page?

Any help would be really really appreciated as i have tried numerous things and I'm completely stuck.

Thanks

Hi sazzas,

You may want to follow up on this from the help file:

You can use the CurrentY property (along with the CurrentX property) to specify the horizontal and vertical coordinates for the starting position of the next printing and drawing method on a report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back