Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing ID Card via the web

Status
Not open for further replies.

clydejones

Programmer
Jan 11, 2001
US
Hi all,

I am trying to print an ID card via the web with a Fargo printer. The only thing is that after the card prints three more cards go through. Where do I start? The rptServer.asp? What parameters? Can't seem to access the print options to tell it to only print one page either. I desperately need help on this one.

Thanks In Advance,
clyde

I've printed RPTs to both MagicCard and DataCard printers - your problem could be caused by any number of things.....

First check the local setting for the PC/PrintServer that the Fargo printer is connected to.

Can you print a WordPad file without getting the extra pages?

Next, make sure that your page-size and margins in the RPT file are within the allowed margins of the Fargo.

Can you print directly to the Fargo printer from Crystal Reports without going via the Web?

Let me know how those tests go...and I'll get back to you.

MJRBIM,

Thanks for your speedy reply. Did you print them via the web? We do not get any extra pages when we printed a wordPad file. The diameters of the report is 2.11x3.0 That should be good.

Thanks Again,
Clyde

We normally printed them directly from the Crystal Reports 8.5 application on a PC with a local card printer.

However, this PC would also print Reports from the Crystal Enterprise 8.5 ActiveX viewer to it's local card printer without issue.

When you say "print them via the web" - what do you mean?

Can you explain the Hardware configuration/locations?

- Enterprise (or RAS) Server
- Workstation (inc. O.S.)
- Fargo card printer

If you explain what's-connected-to-what and how you are accessing the RPT file, I might be able to provide some assistance.

MJRBIM,

Thanks again for your speedy reply. We are using cr9 and the RAS. Not sure what the client's OS is. One of our guys is on site. I will have to ask him. I think the Fargo printer is a DTC 525 model. I will post again in the morning and include the harware and configuration/locations.

Thanks Again,
Clyde

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back