Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing Headers after the 1st page of CrossTabs report

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATrooper

IS-IT--Management
Jul 19, 2000
US
Hi, <br><br><br>Can someone please tell me how I can get the Header to print after the first page of a CrossTab report.&nbsp;&nbsp;By<br>inserting special field - Report Title or even just <br>typing in the title, it will print on the first page but<br>I can't get it to print on subsequent pages.<br><br><br>Thanks

Hi Atrooper,<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Do you have your header in the Report Header Section or the Page Header Section?&nbsp;&nbsp;It sounds like you have it in the Report Header Section.&nbsp;&nbsp;That is designed to print only one time at the beginning of the report. <p>LindaC<br><a href=mailto:lcastner@co.orange.ny.us>lcastner@co.orange.ny.us</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Thanks Linda,<br><br>But are we both talking about the same thing - CROSS TAB reports because I tried putting it in both and still the header and other information (such as date and time, etc - text objects & special fields(i.e. report title)) would NOT print on the second page.<br><br><br><br>

Hi,<br><br>Are u talking about the horizontal pages which crystal report generates when the columns cannot fit in the same page or are u talking about the vertical next page ?<br>If it is the vertical page, if u put it in Page Header i think it would work. Do not put the title inside the cross tab area.<br>

Linda,<br><br>Well I already know that it only prints on the first page.&nbsp;&nbsp;The magic question is how do I get it to print on the rest of the pages ????

I try to avoid cross tabs, so this is just a wild guess.&nbsp;&nbsp;Have you tried formatting the group the cross tab is in to repeat headers on every page? <p>Malcolm Wynden<br><a href=mailto:wynden@island.dot.net>wynden@island.dot.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

I was curious, so I checked the help...<br>To repeat row labels<br>Right-click the blank top-left area of the Cross-Tab and select Format Cross-Tab from the shortcut menu. <br>The Cross-Tab dialog box appears.<br><br>Click the Customize Style tab. <br>Select the Repeat Row Labels check box, if desired. <p>Malcolm Wynden<br><a href=mailto:wynden@island.dot.net>wynden@island.dot.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Thanks Malcolm for your reply...unfortunately unless I am losing it, which could be a possibility your suggestion did not work..so I still can't get it to work.&nbsp;&nbsp;I am totally puzzled by some of the things Crystal does.&nbsp;&nbsp;I am a PM (past programmer) and never used Crystal but to do basic reporting it is an excellent tool but once I veer into any odd directions, it starts to get a little whacky.&nbsp;&nbsp;What has your experience been (at least with 8.0) ??<br><br><br>Thanks

Although it is called a cross-tab report, it technically acts as a cross-tab module that can only be placed into the Header or Footer of a true 'container' report.&nbsp;&nbsp;Therefore. all page header/footer etc placements do not act on the crosstab, only on the report into which you have inserted it.&nbsp;&nbsp;This is exactly the same as a chart.&nbsp;&nbsp;It can only be placed in the Report Header/Footer.<br><br>It's MalcomW's advice then I'm afraid - avoid the crosstab and manually format the report yourself, putting each crosstab entry into the detail section of the report.<br><br>Hope it helps<br><br>Chris.

I had the same problem and you can't get page headers or footers to print out on the next page because crystal thinks that it is printing on the same page.&nbsp;&nbsp;even though it is a new piece of paper it is a virtual page header that is being printed and thus is printed only once.

Ok everyone..thanks to all for trying to be helpful but I have figured out a solution to this problem so I will share it with everyone else.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>Move the Crossroad Report from the Page Header section to the Report Footer section and then put in your title (etc) in the Page Header section and that will make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back