Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing gutter not centered

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentHawk

Technical User
Apr 5, 2005
US
Okay, first I just want to say this is a great forum, and I'm sorry I didn't find it sooner.

Anyways, I'm making a print in illustrator on standard 8.5x11 paper, and my print settings accord to this. Everything prints great, except the fact that the margin is thin on the top and very thick on the bottom, as a result of the printing gutter not being centered. Can anyone adive me how to restore my printing boundries to the center?

helpmeplease.jpg

Thank you,
Eric

If it's a laser jet printer then those ARE the printing boundries of your document. That show's the area that the printer can physically print on. If you have something outside that area on your page it will get cut-off when printing.

In saying that you can move that margin to wherever you want by using the Page Tool. (It's behind the Hand Tool in the main tool box.

Thank you for your help anyways.

I have a deskjet, and it seems you diagnosed the problem correctly.

Cool. I actually did mean inkjet/deskjet. Don't know why I typed laser, but you obviously understood what I meant anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back