Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing from Win 98

Status
Not open for further replies.

carbonman

IS-IT--Management
Mar 27, 2001
GB
I have got a win 98 machine connected to a nt4 workstation with a shared printer, I have installed the printer on the win 98 machine, but when I try to print to the printer, test page or other, I get the message "Invalid Access Code" I can find nothing on this error message anywhere.
Can anyone offer any usefull suggestions?
Its a HP Laserjet 4 printer by the way, and the NT4 machine is printing fine, sharing has been setup fine, and the win98 machine can access everything on the NT4 machine.
Help!!

u would usually need to login to the wnt workstation in order to print...in order to print...make sure you login as a account on the workstation...

for example:
you have a administrator account with password help on the nt workstation

on the win98 machine make sure when it ask you for login and password you use those...this appears when you first boot into windows...afterward you should be able to connect to the nt machine...

you can also do \\(ntworkstationname)\(resources)

like \\nt\printer

you can see the hdd by \\nt\c$ <- brings the root c drive.

hui Emagine Solutions, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back