Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing from Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike46

IS-IT--Management
Oct 23, 2001
GB
Some users have a problem when they do a file/print of an email attachment that has originated from Outlook it will not print unless they open it first then print it. Has anyone come across this before.

Cheers

Mike

I believe I have run into this before. When you try to print from the preview pane it won't print but when you go into the actual email you can print. What I did to resolve this was the following:

1. From the preview pane I clicked on file, print, selected table style (default is memo sytle), and then print. Weird thing is when it was on the memo style I couldn't change printers.
2. After I printed from the table style I then went into the email and printed it in memo style.
3. I then went back to the preview pane and printed it in memo style.

Try this to see if it helps...don't know can't explain why it worked after printing from the table format....WEIRD!!!

Outlook uses two different printing profiles depending where you are to press print.

As said above, you have both table and memo format. Go to print styles and make sure that BOTH of these are setup for the correct paper size and tray settings for your printers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back