Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing from Outlook to a Gestetner 3265

Status
Not open for further replies.

spo

MIS
Dec 19, 2001
US
Unable to print from Outlook to networked Gestetner 3265

What OS? What drivers? How about to other network printers?
Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

This is on a Windows 98 OS. I am able to print on other network devices as well as a local printer. I have tried both the original Gestetner PCL 6 Driver as well as the latest ricoh driver (Ricoh Aficio 550/650 PCL 6 driver for Windows 95/98/Me)

Drivers on local machine? Printer host machine prints OK? Printer OK on local machine? Parallel ports set up the same?
Sounds like a bidirectional communications problem but don't have any solutions in mind yet. Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Have you tried the PCL-5E driver
Windows 98
If nothing is printing out at all, are you getting a red light on the control panel of the mfd, if so, press printer button, you will probably see a message asking for a paper size that is not loaded in the machine or it is requesting you to put paper in the bypass. Either way, you may have to go into file-page setup-options and make sure that the paper sizes and locations are accurate - usually paper location should be set to auto Tray Select. If you don't see the properties for the printer you want to use, 1st choose file-print choose the ricoh then close, then go back to file-page setup-options. This is a common problem with MS office apps.

By changing the settings mentioned above, I am able to print email, however, I am unable to print any attachments by right clicking and selecting print. I still get a red light on the printer and no response. Ive tried playing with all of the page set up options to no avail. If I open the attachment I can print it but I can't use the shortcut. This is kind of nit picky but it's on the boss's machine so it would be nice to fix.
Any insight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back