Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing from a form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ptrif

Technical User
May 19, 2003
US
I have a form that lists a series of scores. I have a report that mimicks the forms so when i print a report it looks exactly as the form did when entering it....what i would like to know is how i would go about having a print button on the form that would automatically populate the query with the persons name and date so that particular information is spit out by the report. I hope this makes sense as i kind of confused myself for a minute. Any help at all is appreciated.

Thanks
Paul

Hi, couldn't you do that from the report's query? The query criteria for the person's name for example would be something like = Forms!frmYourFrm.txtUserName

HTH

Yes I could do that, however what im trying to do is have a print button on the form that the user fills out, and when they are done with the form i would like them to have the ability to print out that exact form they just filled out from a button on the form, I just dont know how to create it so that when clicking the print button the criteria on that specific form would be transfered over to the query. I hope that is clear enough. Thanks for the help and the suggestion!

Paul

Save a copy of your form as a report, then put a command button on your form to print the report.

Mike

Hi, one thing you can do is print the form itself. Go to design view, select the button creator from the tool box and choose 'form options' and 'print a form'. Select the form you wish to print.

Another thing you can do while you're at it is work on the properties of the controls you don't want to see when printing, as in the print button.

When you view the button properties under 'Format' there is one that says 'Display When' - Always, On Print, Screen Only. Select 'Screen Only' and it won't display on the printed form.

Is that more what you had in mind?

Thanks you both for helping. pdldavis, that would work for me however the form is much to large to print the way it was created, the report i created is a shrunk down version of the form if you will. It would be too much work to try and change the form to be print friendly.

Lets see if i can give a generic example to better explain what im trying to do:

Lets say i have a form that has the Following fields:

Date
Name
type of call
comments

Now after that form is filled out i would like to be able to print out the report for this form with the above criteria(date, name) so that only the form i just filled out will print, but from a report. Does that make any sense?

Thanks Hymn, I believe that is EXACTLY what i was looking for!!!! thank you!!

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back