Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing Formula Information 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

julieatnexus

Technical User
Nov 10, 2000
US
I have just completed a rather complicated report using several formulas with several shared variables. I need to document the process I used to obtain the final result.

1. Is there a way to print the formula infomation for a report other than copy and paste?

2. Is there a way to print the report design screen other than a screen capture?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Julie

Hello Julie,

Three possibilities.

1) CRW report definition -
Open the report. File >> Print >> Export. For Format, choose "Report Definition". For destination, choose "Disk file."
Creates a text file with mostly information about the formatting of the report. Includes formulas.

2) Formulas in text boxes -
In formula Edit mode, Select All and copy to the Clipboard. Return to Design View.
Insert a new section in the Report footer. Insert a text box in the new section. Right-click to edit the text box. Paste the contents of the clipboard.
Suppress display of the section until you want to print it.

3) Grouping -
(Haven't discovered a better way.)
Check display options first. File >> Options >> Layout tab - In View Options, deselect "Show short section names in design."
Return to Design mode and increase the heights of the group footers to allow more of the group name and sort specs to display. With luck you be able to see what fields on which the group is defined and if the sort order is "specified."
Then Print Screen.

Hope that helps a little.

Brian

Brian,

I did the "Report Definition" that you suggested and it gave me all the formula information I needed.

Thanks for your help,

Julie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back