Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing form not printing what is displayed on screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRH192

Programmer
Apr 25, 2005
GB
Hello.

I am building a balanced scorecard for the members of my department. It consists of a main form with a sub form on it. The main form has unbound text boxes for the manager to enter the dates and name of the agent they want to report on, the subform then displays the report for the individual.

On the sub form there is an unbound text box which is intended to be written in by a manager to acompany the report. Its basicly for managers to add their own comments to the record. When I write in this text box and print from the main form, the contents of the text box doesn't get printed....

any ideas would be appreciated.

cheers

Is the unbound field from the form on the report as well? As if you are printing the report without the field it will be blank.

If you add an unbound field onto the report as well and as the Control Source add this [Forms]![YourFormName]![YourFormFieldName] then as long as your form is open when you print the report, the report will pick up the value from the form.

I do not have a report at all at the moment, It isn't necasarry. I just want to printout the form and sub-form. On the sub form there are unbound text boxes, which when the form is printed, the contents are not displayed on the print out.

You might want to put me.refresh after you update your last textbox (use the "afterupdate" option) and before you print. See if that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back