Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing error when user logs onto Citrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel987

MIS
Nov 28, 2002
GB
Hi,

The setup is Windows 2000 server/Citrix metaframe XPS.

When a user logs on in the morning, the previous days print jobs for that user are automatically printed to her printer which is attached to her computer. This user is the only person that is affected and we also have many other local printers which are unaffected.

I am wondering what to troubleshoot as only one user is affected? Would it be worth looking at the workstation?

Any help would be great.

Regards,

Daniel

If the user disconnects his session, before a printjob is finished, then this is by design.
If it is not, stop the spooler service, and clean out all crap from the spooler dir, and start the service again.

Stefan

Thanks for the reply.

The print spooler should be empty as the server is rebooted each night. The printing output generally could be any print from the previous day, the user logs off correctly and therefore would not stored in the spooler??? To solve the problem for the time being I have stopped and then started the spooler but I dont really want to do this every day!

Any other ideas?

The prints that come out in the morning..
were they printed and actually processed the day before ???

Petje
A+, MCP, MCSE on NT4.0 and windows 2000 and Windows server 2003 and CCEA

Yes, the prints were processed and printed the day before. The print settings are all totally checked ie. no of copies etc on the client and server.

Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back