Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing doesn't begin at top of page

Status
Not open for further replies.

kf6

Programmer
May 14, 2002
IE
hi
I'm printing a report(always 1 page) on continuous sheets of paper on a dot matrix printer. When i print the first time the page prints out fine but from then on when I print the printing begins just a little bit more down the page and therefore after a couple of prints it runs onto a second page which i don't want.
I'm using crystal vb6/crystal developer 8.5.
I even tried a few of the sample crystal report applications that come with crystal developer 8.5 and these do exactly the same thing.

It may be a printer driver issue, or even your paper size (though I doubt it).

See if there is an updated driver, or if you're just printing text, you may be able to substitue the generic printer driver in Windows successfully.

-k kai@informeddatadecisions.com

don't think its a printer driver problem cause i've installed the latest version of the drivers and I've used 2 different types of dot matrix printer and it occurs on both.
I tried different settings for paper size but no luck.

You might try the generic Windows driver, and just create a basic report of a few lines per page and see if it interprets page breaks correctly.

Does it print correctly with other applications for multipage printing (such as Word)? If not, then you hve reason to suspect the papaer, driver or perhaps dip switch settings on the printer.

-k kai@informeddatadecisions.com

got it going finally.
to fix it, in visual basic, in the crystal reports .dsr file in the print setup properties the default settings checkbox was turned off, turning this on solves the problem.
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back