Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing different file formats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 9, 2006
CA
I am wondering if there is a way to print out any file regardless of the format. I really only need it to work with a few formats (pdf, tif, jpg).
Thanks
Matt

how are you trying to print these out. is this in a web page or a windows form?

David Kuhn

can you write a stream to the printer and just make the file go out as a stream.

David Kuhn

I've tried this and it seems to work for text files but not for other file formats.

You can look up the default application for that filetype in the registry, and launch that app to print it.

Many of them support passing /print on the command line to cause the file to be immediately printed (a left-over from the old win3.1 days)

Chip H.

As of right now I just load up the default application for the file type and send it a print command. This works alrite but it is a little slow when printing a pdf file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back