Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing "Continued on Next Page" 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

itkyle

IS-IT--Management
Feb 13, 2002
US
Ken -

I'm using CR6, and have inserted your formulae for printing "Continued on Next Page" in a report. However, I'm finding that it prints on *all* pages, regardless of whether it's a continued record.

Any ideas? Thanks for the help.

Kyle

List the formula please...we have NO idea what you are talking about. JimBroadbent@Hotmail.com

Not sure what happened - this post was originally titled "Question for kenhamady", and was directed to him concerning a formula he posted.

My apologies. Please disregard.

well looks like your description was edited....give us the formula and situation...perhaps I can help. JimBroadbent@Hotmail.com

To do this takes 3 formlas and is described in faq149-243.

Are you sure that you placed the formulas in the correct sections? Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

In my group header:
WhilePrintingRecords;
BooleanVar Continued:= True

In my group footer:
WhilePrintingRecords;
BooleanVar Continued:= False

In my page footer:
WhilePrintingRecords;
BooleanVar Continued;
if Continued
then "Continued on next page"
else ""

Thanks for any help.

Kyle

That should work, but your original question used the term 'continued record' and this is for continued groups. Are you trying to use this when a single record continues on the next page? Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
tek@kenhamady.com

Yes, it is for continued records (I should have realized that sooner - suffering from "brain fry" from all the month-end reports I've had to modify!) The details are all tied to a bill number, which appears in the page header (the report is also grouped on this field). When that bill number's details continue to successive pages, I'd like the "Continued" message to appear.

What do you think?

Thanks again.

Kyle

You can move these formulas so that the first one is in a section that appears at the beginning of the record (DetallsA) and then put the second formula in a section at the end of the record, ie on the page that should NOT have the message. The theory being simply that if the report encounters the second formula then gets to the bottom of the page without finding the first formula, the message prints. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
tek@kenhamady.com

Ken -

Moving the formula did the trick. When I put the first formula in the page header (where the bill number field resides), and kept the 2nd formula in the group footer, it worked perfectly.

Thanks for the help, and thanks to ngolem for getting the ball rolling.

Kyle

Glad it works for you, but if you ever have multiple groups on a page you might not get the results you want. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
tek@kenhamady.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back