Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing Contents in Folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
This is a little bit hard for me to explain but bare with me. I have a folder wich I had created and it has 5 saved documents in it. When I click on the folder but without opening those documents in the folder how could I print that out? Meaning I just want to print after just opening the folder without opening the contents of that folder.

You do not say what email client you are using. For Outlook 2000 for example, and it may work with other clients/versions too, select the folder in the list of folders on the left of the screen. Then, holding down the "shift" key, right-click on the first of the files you wish to print. Without letting go of the Shift key, click on the last file in the list which you want to print. At this point all the files should be selected (highlighted). Now click on the Print icon in the toolbar at the top of the window and they should all print out. There will not be page breaks; they will print out continously, but with the Headings shown in the original on-screen version.

If you want to print out only some of the files in a particular folder, then hold down the "Ctrl" key instead of the "Shift" key, as you select the files you want to print.

Hope this helps?

I have just re-read your original question MD52ON and see that you did not say that your problem related to your email client. I just assumed that - which may not be the case. You don't tell us what platform you are using either. Assuming it is Win 98 the solution I gave will still apply to Explorer. Just select the folder in Explorer and follow the same steps as I suggested for Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back