Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing Confirmation Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

zorch

IS-IT--Management
Feb 27, 2001
GB
I wish to print a confirmation page from a form which I have in my db; I want the print out to include all of the information from the current form but with out the graphics that are on the form - don't think my customers will wait that long for the print out.
I have used the wizard to put the printer button on the end of my form, to hit after all of the data is put in, but cant figure out how to get it to print out the required information.
Tony

If you are familiar with using the wizards, use the report wizard to build you a report that is based on the same table or query as your form. You could then create a new command button on your form to open your new report with criteria to only show the selected record displayed on your form. Even if it takes a few tries, the wizards save loads of time and then, leave you the ability to modify to suit your tastes. Gord
ghubbell@total.net

If you want to printout the form and leave the graphics off, just set the "Display When" property to "Screen Only" for the Controls with the graphics.

PaulF

The report option seems to be the way to go - it means I can create a much simpler page without all of the colour & other stuff that takes time to print but can include basic company info as well as the customer details.
So I guess I need to create a query to show only the information from the current form (is this possible before it's finished & saved) & then set the printer button I create on my form with the wizard to print out that report. Yes?
No problem creating a button on the form & setting it to print out a report from a query, but how do I set the query to only show the current information which is displayed on the form?
Thanks, Tony (you probably guessed I'm very new to Access) :)

You can base your report on exactly the same table or query that your form is based on. When your done, use the Command button wizard: (make sure the toggle button on your design tool bar with the wand and stars is down) and drag a command button on to your form. Follow the wizards instructions to open a report and show only a selected record. You can do it Tony! Gord
ghubbell@total.net

Ok I know this is dim - but I can't see how to set the print button to print only a selected record (the one still displayed on the form) from the report which I have created.
The wizard for my print button on my form doesnt seem to offer that option :-(
Tony

Something like this in the on click event of your print button:
DoCmd.OpenReport "EnterTheNameOfYourReport", acViewPreview, "[TheNameOfTheFieldYouWant]=" & Me![TheNameOfTheFieldThatHasTheNumberYouWant]

This is opening in preview mode. If you want to print immediately change it to read "acViewNormal" .
Gord
ghubbell@total.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back