Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing columns Down and then Across in Report Writer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Progmatic

Programmer
Oct 17, 2000
CA
Hi could someone tell me if it is possible to create reports in JD Edwards report writer in which Columns print down and then across on a page.
any help is appreciated.

I am somewhat confused as to what you are trying to accomplish. What do you mean by Down and then Across? I have been writing reports within Edwards for 4 years. You can accomplish almost anything. You can also use OPTIO to help you accomplish even more.

I am new to report writing. I am curious...what is OPTIO?

Ken ::)

OPTIO is a 'forms'software package that works very well with JD Edwards. We use it primarily for our outbound forms (pick slips, invoices, packing slips, etc.) With the mapping features in OPTIO you can create almost any view that you want. OPTIO also has the functionality to print or email the report to predefined destinations.
Example: Your report may need to be seen by 5 different people. One person just wants the report to be emailed to them, another wants it to acutomatically print on their printer, another jsut wants to call up the report and print it out for themselves, and so on. OPTIO can be preset to do this even if the recipients are in different parts of the country. Check out their website for more information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back