Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing Checks then Advices

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsh8286

Technical User
Mar 4, 2010
CA
I think I am missing something (which wouldn't be a surprise). We have a client that pays freight invoices to each vendor and there are a lot to each vendor per month. So instead of wasting a bunch of checks due to the voiding them we have set the bank services up to the setting "Checks then Advices".

So in my mind the checks would print first (which they do since the system prompts us to input the check stock) but regardless of how many invoices are being paid in my mind the checks would print (ignore the number of invoices paid) and then print the advices second when prompted and the advices show just the invoices paid and not the check.

Is there a setting or switch in the existing specs that come loaded with the system to ignore the number of advice line so that the check(s) generated do just that print the check only since the advice(s) will take care of the invoices to be paid.

Hope this makes sense.

No, you have to create a new check spec to ignore the remittance (invoice) details

Sage 300 Certified Consultant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back