Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing Call Details in Word\Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

geoffreym

Technical User
Apr 8, 2002
GB
I need to be able to print the details of a call into a word templete or Crystal.
Our work log is a dailry feild and hence I am unable to use DDE for this.
I have created a Crystal report but this requires the prefix LONHD and all leading zero's including the call No to print all the call details I need to have this automated
does anyone know how.

When using the Crystal Report, are you connecting to using the Remedy ODBC driver or the one for your underlying database? If the underlying database, are you using the T tables or the views?

I guess I'm getting confused about the part where you say that the call number is required to print the call details.

Starting from the beginning, here is what you can do to get this to all work pretty well.

1. Get your Crystal Report working. Best way is to use the Remedy ODBC driver unless you have a pressing need to use the one for your database. Get all the details of the ticket that you want on the report.

2. Put the report in your home directory

3. Create a macro that searches based on Call ID with a prompt (ie put $Call-ID$ in the Call ID field and click search). Search for a single call and run the Crystal Report on it. Save the macro.

4. Create an active link that uses the macro, putting the current Call ID in the prompt. Attach it to a button on your schema.

That way you'll have a button that you click that will bring the report up so that it can be printed.

Thanks for that. This Issue I have is from within a ticket I have a button that runs the macro and when that is finishe I am left looking at a search screen. I want to finish at the point I started within the call.I have thought of doing this using OLE Automation but no next to nothing about this ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back