Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing barcodes on a HP LaserJet Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

joxley

MIS
May 17, 2001
US
Is there a way to print barcodes on a HP LaserJet printer without use 3rd party software? I need to print barcodes on a report from a BASIC program.

YES YES YES
You can purchase a barcode font and use it anywhere in Windows.

You simply load it in Control Panel Fonts Folder like any other True Type font.
Then on your report in the Properties of that text box and choose Barcode font instead of Arial or Courier New or whatever. Set the point size too

Then when you pass data to that text box do it like so
Text1 = “*” & yourdata & “*”
This will make a barcode that will do the job.
I use them ALL the time and they work GREAT!!!!

Look at this site
DougP, MCP

Thanks for the help.
Do you know of a way to do the same thing on a UNIX box?

Sorry, don't speak UNIX
Do they use True Type fonts or what do they use???? DougP, MCP

HP advertise a barcode font pack on the website.
it appears to add hardware fonts to the printer

however i have had no success in buying one
as none of our distributors can get it

if you need barcodes on *nix use a kyocera
laser as some support barcodes out of the box

What kinda LABELS can i use? I dont wanna use SHEET LABELS..maybe some kind of a ROLL ... Any suggestions? "ACCESS ADDICT"

Well a Laserjet will not except rolls
If you want rolls then you have to go to a specialized printer like Zebra, SATO or tons of others out there.

But when you do that the cost goes way up. The printer costs, the ribbons cost, the labels cost way more, the heads wear out, etc etc.

A laser is by far the cheapest way to go
If you can put up with the sheets.
DougP, MCP

IF YOU ARE USING ACCESS....TAL TECH HAS AN ACTIVE X CONTROL THAT IS TERRIFIC!!!! IT WILL PRINT TO ANY PRINTER WITH NO PROBLEM. I DOWNLOADED A SAMPLE VERSION AND PRINTED THE BARCODES OUT ON OUR HP LASER AND THE QUALITY WAS GREAT. YOU REALLY SHOULD LOOK AT TALTECH.COM FOR ALL THE INFO YOU NEED TO GET GOING. THEY HAVE A PRODUCT CALLED WINWEDGE THAT WILL ENABLE YOU TO CONVERT YOUR DATA LIKE IT WAS KEYSTROKES. THEY HAVE A REALLY NICE SCANPAL 2 WIRELESS SCANNER THAT RUNS ABOUT $650...NOT BAD FROM WHAT I'VE SEEN.
CHECK IT OUT IT MAY BE A GOOD WAY TO GO...

ROOKIEDEV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back