Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing bar codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

vesty16277

IS-IT--Management
Jun 1, 2004
US
I need to process bar codes on labels. I need to number them "IN0001 to IN2000" I have found programs to print such as seagull. But it will only print one code, then reset to the next serial but again it only prints one code. I need to be able to print a whole sheet. Any suggestions? I am not familiar with VB (only slightly, i don't have the program) and MS Access.

vesty,
Since this is an MSAccess forum, I would think that not many members are familiar with the barcode program you have. And, if I understand your post, you don't have MSAccess? If you have MSAccess there should be a simple solution. (maybe not r-r-r-real simple.) You might try seagull support at
to see if they can give you some help.
jim

xaf294
I think you left out the Word [red]NOT[/red] in

Since this is an MSAccess forum

DougP, MCP, A+

Doug,
you are correct I did forget the NOT! I remember editing that part of the msg and I must not have included the not...
jim

you guys are funny in forums. Always fighting. Thanks for the seagull software. It worked to an extent. It would serialize labels it printed but would only print on label per sheet. I searched high and low and couldn't get it too work. Oh well we bought a access code from a place in florida and 6 months tech support. Seems to be working. Thanks for the help.

Another option is to use Excel with a barcode font. You can size the cells to match your labels and the incrementing capability of Excel will allow you to generate sequentially numbered barcodes

actually, it's a piece of cake to print as many labels per sheet as you want. you merely design the labels to fit, there are multiple ways to print them using seagull, i initially started off using an excell spreadsheet that contained a "quantity" column and other column(s) containing the data to print on the label(s). then you just set up seagull to look at the spreadsheet via ODBC and off you go. (currently using a microsoft access app to drive the entry / selection and seagull looks at the access table via ODBC to know what to print and how many. (Access shells to the Seagull software / label via a "button" on the form).

Paul

use a package like labelview from teklynx - it instantly adds in fields from a .csv file (i.e. a spreadsheet in excel can generate this in a single click).

all you need is to make sure your printer type is supported. find a local reseller of it, mine is Bar Code Data (Manchester, England), they helped me out and i got it working within the hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back