Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing and COM objects

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheronne

Programmer
Jun 1, 2001
US
Can you print from a COM object? I am using VFP 8 and I have created a dll but everytime I call the function which includes the code "REPORT FORM test.frx NOCONSOLE TO PRINTER NODIALOG" the code bombs. If I comment out this line it works. Any thoughts?

Thx

Hi

Is it likely that VFP7 is mixed up. Because, NODIALOG is a VFP8 specific command :)

:)

ramani :)
(Subramanian.G),FoxAcc, ramani_g@yahoo.com

Ramani,

I don't quite understand? I am using VFP 8 so I don't understand where VFP7 is coming into play? I used VFP 8 to create the dll and I have tried to call the dll both from VFP 8 and from .NET and both return the same error.

Sheronne,
According to "What's New in VFP 8.0" by Tamar E. Granor and Doug Hennig, it won't work.

Note that, even with NODIALOG, you still can't print reports from within a DLL-based VFP COM object.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back