Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing an email, the text next to the left hand margin is missing 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

levers

IS-IT--Management
Jul 8, 2002
GB
When printing an email, the text next to the left hand margin is missing, i.e., the sentence starting "I refer to our recent telephone..............., is showing "er to our recent telephone..........

I have altered page setup, updated printer driver and reinstalled email software, (OE 6.0)

Email software - Outlook Eexpress 6
OS - Windows 98
Printer - HP 6P Laser

Any ideas ??

Cheers
SL

instead of printing from the OE lower box, double click the message to bring up a new window with the message inside it. Then print that, the whole message will be printed.
I thinkit has to do with the size of the box. Anyway it works.

pc.gif

Jomama

Thanks for the response, however I have already tried that and the printout is exactly the same.

SL

There are some beta drivers present at that deals with margin cut off problems. In this case here I am pretty sure the cause of the fault is M$ [wink] as any other application will probably print fine.

Check the margin options for Outlook Express. They are in Internet Explorer !
menu "File/Page Setup", then change the left margin value.

I hope it helps
RB

Thanks rbreton, sorted !!!!

SL

This has been also a problem to me when I used to print an e-amil from Outlook Express with my HP 2210 PSC. I used to have the wordings crashed on to the left margin which made it difficult at times to read the complete content.

The solution was however a very simple one. You have to set up the page from the Inernet Explorer. Go to File, then, page setup, and set up the left and right margins to say, 3.5. Click OK and try to print your e-amil. Have you succeeded? Yes of course,'cause I tried it myself. Until the next problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back