Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing & McAfee

Status
Not open for further replies.

charel

Technical User
Sep 11, 2001
AU
Hello, Just wandering if anyone knows of issues regarding HP printing and McAfee software (version 4.5.1). When i go to print (to an HP Printer), the PC hangs, and the document might print. When i disable (& eventually uninstall) McAfee, everything works well. We get mprexe not responding as the error message, usually with hpjdnp.dll as the module with the problem..
Any suggestions?

Instead of uninstalling McAfee, it may be an idea to
try the opposite sequence : uninstall and reinstall
the HP software after McAfee has been installed.

I have experienced a similar problem, it was overcome by
Updating the SPOOLSS.DLL file in the \windows\system directory.

For Windows 95 the original version should be 4.00.950 and it should be replaced with 4.03.1212

This file is available from Microsoft and is also included with later releases of Windows 95. You may have this file on another Windows 95 system. Check the file version of the SPOOLSS.DLL file by right clicking on it, select properties and selecting the version tab.

For Windows 98. However we used the SPOOLSS.DLL file from Windows Millennium Edition (version 4.90.0.3000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back