Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing After server crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtrice

MIS
Dec 12, 2001
US

We had 2 of our Novell 5.1 servers crash today. I had to force reboot them to get them back up. Once they came back up, both of them went into Vrepair. And eventually came back up. Ran DSREPAIR on both of them to clean up an misc problems asscoiated with the crash. The onlt residual problem I am having has to do with printing. Maybe 1% of the users here can print. The rest of the printers are set to work offline. If I go to remove the offline setting, it tells me that I can't connect to the printer. If I try to map a new printer, it tells me I don't have enough rights. All of the printers are setup in Queue mode using Normal Novell print setups (Non-NDPS) I can ping the server the printers are installed on, I have no errors in DSREPAIR. All the users have rights to print to the various printers in NWADMIN. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Jim

Have you power-cycled the printers and does this help? -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

We did power-cycle the printers, but it did not seem to help. However the problem has been greatly reduced overnight. The majority of users are printing ok today with only a few users still having difficulty.

Could this have been a case where we just needed to wait it out while the NDS settled down after the crash?

On the server that you have configured your Print Queues, do you have an NDS Replica on that server of the partition where the Print objects are stored? -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back