Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing access reports into pdf 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElGuapo

Programmer
Aug 29, 2001
SI
Hello!

I have an access report that I am outputing to pdf for use on a web page. I do this by using the Pdf writer. That works fine.

However I have multiple reports that need to be saved as pdf files, so I have automated the process by using the VB. I now control the pdf writer dialogs by using the Sendkeys() function, which is unreliable and some of the settings can not be set this way.

So I would like to use the Acrobat Object library to control the dialog. I found it, but am do not know quite how to use it, as I am new with using object libraries.

Anybody knows where I could learn more about it?

Rok

Can you please post a code on how to print Access report into .PDF.

Thank you

Not really. I need to produce .pdf, rather then print an existing one. Do you have any other suggestions?

Download the adobe sdk. Look for examples at planetpdf.com.

Guapo - you said you had code that prints multiple reports into .PDF form from Access. Can you please share your code with us? We'd all appreciate it. Many thanks! accessguy52

Yeah, it can be done. I have the code burried somewhere and am looking for it right now. I used Distiller to "print" the report to PDF. The only pro9blem was getting it to give your report a name other than the report name or putting the file somewhere other than the default folder (I believe it's "Output" or something to that effect). So I used simple NT commands Move and Rename to move the file and/or rename it after it had "printed". Kyle

Anyone find a solution for this yet? or have a code example?

DH

DH - looks like we're in the same bind. If it helps you any, see also JabbaTheNuts' code for saving Excel to pdf thread under Adobe Acrobat threads. Good luck. accessguy52

Thanks, Kyle. I went and downloaded from that link and I'll give it a try. But, keep an eye out for that code, anyway.

take care

accessguy52

I will, if I find it, I'll post it, whether it's really needed or not, just on principle!

I hate rewriting code, and this was a lot of code! Kyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back