Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing a PDF with Landscape and Portrait pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

smith385

Technical User
Nov 22, 2006
US
My InDesign book is composed of landscape & portrait documents. When I try to print the book ALL the pages become portrait, (I don't mean rotating the landscape ones) thus cutting off some of the tables that were originally layed out in landscape.

Is there an option that I'm supposed to select before creating the booklet or before printing in order to maintain the page orientation?

Please advise.

Are you printing from the PDF (as the title suggests) or printing from ID?

If printing from the PDF, you can elect to rotate the pages that are landscape and then they will all print with the whole page showing.

I'm printing from InDesign to a PDF. The information that is originally layed out on a landscape page, stays landscape, but the page it is on turns to portrait. Thus, cutting half the table off.

Ahhh...

Then I'm afraid you are going to have to rotate the ID pages before creating the PDF. Unfortunately, ID cannot accommodate portrait and landscape pages in the one document (which is why you have made a book?). So you are either going to have to make all pages the same orientation within the book, or create the PDFs from each document separately and then combine them all into a book within Acrobat using the PDFs.

I just found out how to do it.
When printing your book, export out to PDF.
This will retain the page layout for each document within the book.
Yea!!!!!
Thanks everyone :0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back