Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing a pdf file with fdf data

Status
Not open for further replies.

madvan420

Programmer
Jan 8, 2001
US
hi,

I would like to auto print a pdf file with the fdf data filled in directly to the printer.

Is this possible?

Thanks
Madhu

Hi

How are you planning to do the auto print bit? If you can do it as an "on open" pdf setting then it will work (I have not personally done this).

When your request an fdf file it contains a link to tell the browser where to get the pdf file which it was created for, so it goes off and retrieves this file and fills the fdf data in it. Once it has done this your on open commands will kick in and print the thing.

If you are trying to do this in the background without any user intervention and programmatically then you will need to use outlook with some OLE automation ("set objPdf=createobject("acrobat.application")") etc. Derren
[Mediocre talent - spread really thin]

Hi derren,

Thanks for the response..

But i want to know how i can do an "on open" pdf setting, i am using the FDFToolkit and java to develop the application.

My appliction collects data from the database and the pdf is filled with the fdf data. the forms get populated one after another , that is why i want to autoprint the form immediately after the data is filled in.

So how do i do this?

thanks
Madhu

What programming languages are you proficient with? Derren

hi derren,

I am proficient in java, this application has to be developed in java only.

so can u suggest for the same?

thanks
Madhu

I am not sure how close Java will be to this but you can use OLE automation using something like this:

set oPdf=createobject("AcroExch.PDDoc")
oPdf.open("yourfile.fdf")
oPdf.print

This is just a vague example of what you can do. Have a look at the javascript object model hepl file which come with acrobat for more details. Derren

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back