Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing a new record

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze777

Technical User
Jun 2, 2001
US
I have a form called "people" to enter new records that contains twenty or so fields. The form has a button for cmdPrint which prints another report called "badge" that is comprised of seven of the fields from the form "people". This function works when I retrieve a record from the table but when I enter a new record and hit the print button it prints the first record in the table.

Is there a way to enter the new record and print it immediately? Any help would be appreciated.

One way is to create a "Badge" report with fields that correspond to the fields on the form. For instance:

On the report, let's say you need the person's first name and last name from a form called frmPeople:

==========
Control Source for the first name field on the report:

=Forms!frmPeople!Firstname

Control Source for the Last name field on the report:

=Forms!frmPeople!Lastname
==========

Do this for all 7 or 8 fields, and when you print the report, it will reference the form fields.

This is a quick way, there are others. Jim Lunde
compugeeks@hotmail.com
Custom Application Development

That seems to be working fine. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back