Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing a new e-mail in Outllook 2K

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIS
Jul 28, 2002
CA
Hi,
I have Office XP in my PC. In Outlook, when I print a new e-mail before sending it, the output shows only the message body (like a word document).
Is there a way to include the e-mail header (i.e. From: To: )?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Cheers

Hi,

By default the message header info (To:, Subject: etc) should be shown when printing.

If you do a Print Preview on the new mail do you see the header fields?
Check in the View menu that Message Header is selected.

The Header fields also need to have entries in them before they show up when printed.

Cheers

Thanks Danw5.
I thought that by default the message should show but it's not showing.
Print Preview doesn't show the header either, only the text message.
I could not find from where to include the Header. Mind you, i'm using Outlook XP. I can do it in Outlook 2k.
Finally, all of the header fields have entries, still not printing them.

By default outlook xp would using microsoft word to editing your mail. therefore it only printing the body only. if you want to include the email header and ie, To or From. Go to tools, options, mail format tab uncheck using microsoft word to edit email message. A disadvantage is when you are compose your mail. it will not do auto complete phrase or words and it will not do auto correct spell check when typing a wrong word. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back