Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printing 4 pages on 1 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck1999

Technical User
Dec 2, 2004
US
I have a report that I print onto an adhesive label. The report uses 3 columns (2 in a group header and footer, the other is column is the detail section). I have the report so that it is small enough to fit on 1/4 of a letter size paper. What I would like to do is have it print the label 4 times on 1 piece of paper without having to keep reinserting the same paper into the printer. If I was not using columns this would be easier, but i am using columns.

Any ideas or insight would be appreciated!

Thank you

ck1999

I am not sure I entirely follow...

It sounds like your report is running for only one label at a time.

What would it do if you change it to run for say 4 labels?

Create a new report. Use your 1/4 report as a subreport 4 times on the new report.

AArt,
I am trying your suggestion and think it might work. I am having a problem witht the report layout I am going to post another question. But I will respond and let you kno how this suggestion works.

ck1999

Thanks AArt. Your suggestion worked well. The origional report asks the user for a number. NOw with the 4 subreports it asks the user 4 times. All four numbers will be the same. Is there away to only have to enter it once.

Chris

The best way to fix this is to put all parameters on a form and have the query/report reference it...

Code:
Forms!FormName!ControlName

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back