Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printers in Active Directory, but can't connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

novakpsu

IS-IT--Management
Aug 21, 2003
US
I have an issue with the printers on my network; I can see them through active directory, but can't connect to them. From the server I can see and connect with the main cannon printer that has its own connection into the network, but any printers connected through the workstations say "unable to connect". Vice versa, from the workstations, I can see and connect to the printer attached to it, but can see, but not connect to any other printer on the network.

any suggestions?

I do have them shared. I have been having other issues that I have kinda tied together. Terminal Services Licensing is running as a service, but when I go to run it in Admin tools it says it can't find a licensing server. I took over this network and the prior SYS Admin upgraded from NT4.0 to 2000 Server and I now have two domains and it is causing all kinds of licensing and AD problems.

You said the printers are connect to terminal computer? What version of windows are they running?? you said something about being on two different domains if the computers your printers are shared on is on a different domain than the computer your trying to see them from you wont be able to see them or get permision easily to use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back