Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printer very big print job

Status
Not open for further replies.

vcavusoglu

Programmer
Apr 26, 2001
TR
I have Got a Citrix MF 1.0 FR3 SP4
and I have got HP Deskjet 3845 printer on client computer

i am send to printer test page

on local print job size 29 kb (on client) and fast print

but on citrix same print job size 6 mb (on citrix) and very slow print because job size very big

i don't understand

please help me.

What is the print driver you are using on the Citrix server and what application is the user printing from ?

i am send to printer test page on citrix on client printer

i am use to hp deskjet 3845 printer driver (my printer driver on client and citrix server)

Some HP drivers don't work well with Citrix

Have a look at these 2 links

I not sure if this driver is supported in a Citrix enviroment - but you need to double check

A few things you can try

- check if its a PCL6 driver - if so change it to a PCL5e

- try mapping it to a HP DeskJet 550C - either in the CMC or using wtsuprn.inf

Cheers

Davey

Another thing that I discovered (Stefan from printingsupport.com validated my findings) was that disabling the Advanced Printing Features in the client's RDP or ICA printer settings cuts the print job size by 8-10 times the original size.

In the client's session -> Printer Control Panel -> ORight-click Printer -> Properties -> Printing Preferences -> Advanced -> Advanced Printing Features -> Disabled

In my testing it consistently reduced the size of print jobs (at 600dpi) bu 8-10 times.

Another option is to use a 3rd party printing product like ThinPrint, UniPrint or Screwdrivers (or wait for MPS 4.0, which will have EMF printing instead of the stoopid Citrix UPD.

Patrick Rouse
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

Lastly, make sure you have the most recent client. We had problems like that until we upgraded to 8.X from 7.X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back