Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

printer staus

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCTHUG

MIS
Jun 11, 2001
US
I have a HP laser jet printer on a peer to peer network shared with 3 other pc's. When any of the pc;s except for the one that the printer connected tries to print form it they get the follow message in the status column ( user intervention) there jobs will just sit in the print que forever, Has anyone came by this and know how to resolve please let me know.

Thanks,

Paul R.

it a network porblem it sounds like check seting have you changed the name of the machine the printer is on or some thing like this So long and thanks for all the fish.

FYI,

To fix this problem I have found you must make sure that every computer on the network must have it's print queue cleared. Then cycle the power on the printer this should free the up the printer, I guess it's kind of like a lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back