Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printer sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.

city100

Technical User
Mar 23, 2007
US
I have a hp colour laserjet connected by a jetdirect box to the network.

what is the best was to share this printer over the network..........should i setup the printer name and queues etc. via NWAdmin?

thanks

If you run Windows 2000 or XP and only have a few PCs to install the printer on, it might be quicker and easier for you do do IP printing rather than set the printer up in NetWare...

--------------------------------------
"Insert funny comment in here!"
--------------------------------------

I have a jet direct 175X and its connected to a hp 1500 colour laser jet, ive about 8 people using it.

when i setup the print queues, print server and printer in novell and then print, it just shows the print job sitting waiting to print.

the message in nwadmin says "status: print job is ready and waiting for the print server"

any1 any ideas?

You have to go into the Print Server device itself and configure the NetWare parameters.. Whatever the name of the Print Server you created in NetWare, that's the name you need to give it in the device.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back