Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printer Sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrBlunt

IS-IT--Management
Apr 30, 2001
Hello all,

I'm running a WinNT(SP5) box, and attempting to share a printer that is connected to a Win2K(SP2) box. The printer in question is a Epson ColorStylus 600. I know it can be shared, because I had it running properly earlier this year, but a horrible systems problem wiped out the information I had on it.
When I attempt to connect to the printer over the network, via the install new printer function, it views the printer, then states that the server does not have the nescessary drivers, and would I like to install my own. I attempt to, from the drivers I downloaded from Epson, but it rejects the drivers as being unviable. I attempted to install the drivers on the Win2K box, but they wouldn't take.
Any thoughts?

Doc

I had the same problem several times. I deleted the printer from the win2k box and reinstalled it, but on reinstall, i used the nt4.0 drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back