Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Printer setup in Oracle 11i - version 11.5.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarun99

Programmer
May 29, 2003
US
I have installed Oracle 11.5.7 on Windows 2000 platform. Vision Database is up and running. Able to create customer, order etc.
When trying to run reports, It gives error APP-FND-01372.
The error reads as follows:
"Please register system printer default with application object library.
cause: You have a printer specified in your profile option that is not registered with appliction object library(If profile option is not set, the value defaults from the environment variable PRINTER,which may not correspond to an registered printer)
Action: Register the printer with Application Object Library."
I tried to register HP printer (hp deskjet 3820) with this application.The printer is on a network.
I have defined the printer driver, printer type, print style through system admin responsibility.
when i try to run standard reports from OM responsibility, the above said error appears immediately as soon as the name of the report is selected. However, I am able to continue and request ID is created by the concurrent manager. The report never completed running. The error message under 'View log' option says that Printer is not setup correctly.
I will appreciate if anyone of you can guide me thru the correct setup procedure. I have tried recommended setup procedures, but no luck so far.

Frustrated 11i user,
Tarun99

Try to choose generic printers like HPLJ4 and attach the corrsponding style to it.
Also you need to stop and start the CM once you do it because Oracle caches the info.

Hi,
I tried stopping and starting CM. The error still persists.
I have only one physical printer (hp deskjet 3820) in the network.Will just renaming work?

Tarun99

I think you are printing to the default printer. For the user printing this go to the users profile and search for %PRINTER%. Change his default to this printer. You should be okay after that.

Hi tarun99,
Is your problem with printer installation solved ?

I am also having the same problem. Trying to install Cannon inkjet printer with Oracle 11i 11.5.3 on windows 2000.
Cannon printer is not predefined in the vision database. So I selected one of available printer style.
I have installed printer as per setup instructions and also defined profile option and rebooted the machine. But whenever I run concurrent request which runs Oracle report, it gives error log 'Printer is not defined ...'.
Could anyone share experience of installing new printer witb Oracle 11i on Windows 2000?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back